How am I doing?

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, March 30, 2010

20 Weeks

So we've made it to the half way point!! It's hard to believe that in just another 20 weeks she'll be here! This last week of knowing that she is going to be a girl has been awesome. We've done a little shopping, but not too much at all. We could've done a lot worse! We've also picked out some of the bigger things that we want. I know we'll have so much fun when it's time to register.

I am getting bigger, which I know is part of the process. It's just weird to look down at my growing belly and know that McKenna is in there sleeping or moving around. It's awesome to know that she's not even here yet and I am responsible for her. I am her protection and her nutrition. Everything that she needs to grow and live is coming from me. So crazy. I'm starting to feel like a mother and I love it!!

I think I felt her move for real this time! It was around 5 this morning. It's hard to describe the feeling but there was something moving around in there!

I almost forgot about this one! Friday morning this last week, 03-26, I got up around 2 or 3 to go to the restroom for the millionth time. When I got up I started feeling nauseated and by the time I got to the bathroom I was extremely nauseated. I thought I was going to get sick while I was in there but I started to black out. I felt like the room was spinning, everything started to go dark, and I felt like I had cotton in my ears. It was hard to breathe and I was super hot. I tried to call Cody but I couldn't say his name loud enough. It lasted for maybe a minute. I made it back to bed, still lightheaded and burning up. That lasted for another minute or two then I was fine. I think it was a mixture of a few things. I was on my back, which is bad for your circulation when your pregnant. It can cause a few of those symptoms. I need to be eating a little better and more often, too. I think low blood sugar was a contributing factor. I've been fine since, so I'm not really worried about it, but it was scary at the time. I did a quick sonogram at work just to check on her and make sure she looked ok in there. She did!!!

Other than that incident I've bee feeling great. My energy is coming back and I had my first craving which was fried chicken. It was sooo good!!! Cody, being the awesome husband that he is, brought it home after work. I scarfed it up!!!

She is 10 inches head to toe which is about the size of a banana. I can't believe how fast she's growing!

Cody, Marissa, and McKenna

No comments:

Post a Comment