How am I doing?

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, March 9, 2010

17 Weeks

There is not a whole lot to report this week. Except for the fact that this is my first ENTIRE week free of morning sickness. I haven't been nauseated since last Monday (03-01) with the exception of this morning for the briefest of moments. No getting sick though! Last Monday made me so mad!! I've been paranoid this whole time that I would get sick in my car and not be able to do anything about it! It never did happen...until THAT Monday! I had to turn around, go home, and change clothes. It wasn't my best morning ever. I think it's kind of funny that the last time I would get sick would be a doozie like that. I hope that was the last time, at least!

I said on my last blog that I'd lost 8lbs. That ended up not being correct. My scale is off from my doctors. I'd only lost a total of 2lbs since December. That's not bad. He still was not happy that I hadn't gained weight. I think he'll be very pleased with me next time! I'm not sure if I have gained anything or not, but my appetite has increased! Pretty much the day after I hit 16 weeks I started feeling hungry all the time. I don't gorge, but I definitely eat more than I have been. Still no cravings yet. Well, I crave things but I don't think they're pregnancy cravings. I don't feel like I'll chop anyone's head off if I don't get my Chic-Fil-A nuggets NOW! I'm sure they'll kick in soon. The doc did tell me to eat whatever I want. He said to eat for calories and forget everything I know about nutrition. If all I can get down is cheesecake then just eat cheesecake. Have I mentioned how much I love this doctor! The funny thing is the things I want are generally healthy. I try to get in as many calories as I can though. I never hit the 5000 a day mark which is where he wants me. That's just unrealistic for me. I can't eat that much!!!

Speaking of weight, I can only fit into one pair of work scrubs still. That means I'm pretty much completely in maternity clothes. I need to do some shopping now. I'm still very limited in that department. I'm liking Target, Old Navy, and Kid 2 Kid. They're all pretty reasonably priced and generally have a good selection.

I have found myself getting a little more emotional. It's easier to make me cry. I haven't started crying for no reason yet, but I'm sure that's not too far off in the distance. I'd had some pretty bad headaches a few weeks ago, but that seems to have subsided. They may have been caffeine related. I try not to have caffeine every day. I try for every other day or every couple days. I don't want to get addicted to it again. I love it, don't get me wrong. I'm just trying to do it in moderation.

Two more weeks until we find out boy or girl!! I'm kind of starting to hope for a boy a little more. Almost everyone that I know and know of that has had a baby in the last year or is pregnant now have all had or are having girls. I think we need some boys up in here! I also get this feeling (weird, I know) that I would like to give Cody a son. I want him to have a boy so they can play sports and do boy things. He'd so love that! On the other hand, I still want a girl. So I guess at this point I really don't care what it is. I just want to know so I can SHOP!!! I tried to get the doctor to look at my appointment on March 3rd. I was going to have him write it in an envelope so Cody and I could find out together (Cody wasn't at that appointment with me). He wouldn't even try! He said it was too early. I think he likes to torture me!

I haven't really felt "the baby move" anymore so I'm not really sure if that's what it was. I don't really feel anything that I would think could be a baby. It should be soon, though, so I'm looking forward to that!!

I'm pretty sure that's all the news for this week. The baby is about the size of a turnip!!
Cody, Marissa, and Baby

No comments:

Post a Comment